Lupus Awareness Month is celebrated yearly in May. Spring is a great time to take action and help raise awareness about this terrible disease. There are a number of events organized throughout the world and Connecticut. Here is a list of the most important activities at the local level:
- Tuesday May 3rd from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm is Lupus Advocacy day at the Connecticut State Capitol. Educate our legislators about what is like to live with this terrible disease and ask them to take action.
- World Lupus Day is May 10th. Its celebrated everywhere. Watch the video message from the Global Ambassador for the Lupus Foundation of America Julian Lennon.
- Join the Walk to End Lupus Now in West Hartford, Connecticut on Sunday, May 15th. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
- Put on Purple! Join raise awareness by wearing purple on Friday, May 20th. Create a group and encourage your friends, family and coworkers to put on purple. Also use social media to create awareness with the hashtag #PutOnPurple!
- Join the Lupus Foundation of America Connecticut Chapter at their New Haven County Walk to End Lupus Now on Sunday, September 18th at beautiful Savin Rock Beach located at 6 Rock Street, New Haven, Connecticut.