1. Sunday, May 4. The CT Chapter will be featured on the Kim Zachary Show , “Talk of the Town”, WDRC Radio, 6:30 a.m.
2. Wednesday, May 7, Legislative Advocacy Day at the State Capitol, Room 310, from 10:00 a.m. to 12 noon. Representative Tony Hwang is expected to present a proclamation from the Governor to the Chapter. Although this is the last day of the Legislative Session, we’re hoping that a number of our legislators stop buy our reception. Last year nearly 30 legislators came by to show their support.
3. Thursday, May 8, there will be a meeting with the Urban League of Southern CT in Stamford to discuss how we can work together to increase support and raise the awareness of lupus in the African American Community.
4. Saturday, May 10 – World Lupus Day. World Lupus Day focuses on the need for heightened public awareness, improved patient healthcare services, increased research into the causes of and a cure for lupus, enhanced physician diagnosis and treatment of lupus, and better epidemiological data on lupus globally.
5. May 12th: WRTC interview to talk about the West Hartford walk
6. May 15 - NBC Connecticut interview
7. May 16 – Put On Purple Day. Please show your support…wear something purple
8. Sunday, May 18, “Walk To End Lupus Now”, Blue Back Square, West Hartford, West Hartford…check in 9:00 a.m., start time ,10:00 a.m….please make every effort to attend.